AED 53 bn
Were invested by companies in the national economy in 2022 reflecting a 25% increase from 2021
AED 180+ bn
Projected contribution of the industrial sector to the GDP in 2022
New industrial production licenses were issued in 2022, a 20% increase over 2021
Products were identified in 2022 for local manufacturing through deals made with leading companies in the UAE
AED 300 bn
UAE Manufacturing Value Add targets in 2031
AED 110 bn
Value of potential local procurement agreements made by leading industrial companies during Make it in The Emirates Forum in 2022
USD 13.61 bn
Expected Output of high-tech companies by 2031
AED 174 bn
Value of industrial exports in 2022, according to UNIDO
AED 3.14 bn
Value of financing solutions provided to companies as part of a collaboration with Emirates Development Bank in 2022
factories were supported with their technological transformation roadmaps in 2022, bringing the total number to 275 factories
AED 699 mn
Value of financing facilities for industrial companies to adopt advanced technology solutions in 2022
AED 1.33 bn
Value of credit solutions in 2022 to enhance the sector’s export potential as part of a collaboration with Etihad Credit Insurance in 2022
AED 3.9 bn
Reduced cost due to exempting industrial production inputs from customs duties
AED 15 bn
Increase in industrial productivity by 2031
AED 3.1 bn
Initial value of 19 investment letters of intent signed in 2022
Products to be locally manufactured underwent a feasibility study to measure compatibility with MoIAT’s strategic sectors in 2022
AED 750 mn
Will be invested by companies in industry 4.0
UAE nationals employed in the private sector in 2022 through National ICV program
Benefits of Investing in UAE
The UAE offers an attractive value proposition with a range of competitive advantages as well as the ease of doing business for investors and foreign companies. The UAE is also a reliable supplier of energy and raw materials, has a best-in-class ICT infrastructure, is strategically located with world class logistics infrastructure and advanced technology capabilities.
The UAE has a strategic geographic location, positioned between Asia and Europe, it facilitates a significant access to the UAE market and expand across regional and global markets
Access to Growing Domestic and Export Market
The UAE provides legal and logistical advantages and facilities through a legislative and regulatory framework that gives the access to growing domestic and export market, such as: the In-Country-Value program supporting local manufacturing and access to free trade with high-growth markets such as GCC, GAFTA, India and Indonesia, among others
Stable and Business-Friendly Environment
The UAE has an attractive business environment for local and international industrial investors and provides an industrial ecosystem by introducing a range of incentives to complement the UAE’s supportive legislative framework. The country offers its business community a stable and thriving environment
World Class Infrastructure and Connectivity
The UAE has a highly qualified and developed infrastructure and world-class industrial infrastructure with vibrant business eco (UAE is ranked #10 globally for infrastructure in the LPI index) boasts the best-in-class Information and Communications Technology infrastructure, ranked first in the Arab region and 10th globally in the IMD World Digital Competitiveness Ranking 2021 report. Global logistic hub with excellent connectivity with all key markets
Ease of Doing Business
The UAE is Top 10% country globally in Ease of Doing Business (ranked 16th by the World Bank), has a stable legislation system, and an adaptive government with a track record, which allows 100% foreign business ownership, customs exemptions on raw materials & equipment. Also, Manufacturing specifications aligned with international standards
The UAE offers a variety of opportunities to investors, scientists, entrepreneurs and talent . More than that, the UAE offers its residents a high quality of life, world-class education and healthcare; a state-of-the-art infrastructure; a conducive business environment; a high sense of security and safety; a variety of leisure and entertainment options; and places of worship for different religious communities.
The Seven Emirates
The United Arab Emirates consists of seven independent Emirates: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm al Quwain, Fujairah, and Ras al Khaimah. Each of the seven emirates have a unique value proposition.
- Major emerging market
- Strong government support for key industries
- Abundant & competitively priced oil and gas feedstock
- Presence of major international companies
- Excellent infrastructure
- Strategic location in the middle of the seven emirates, with a solid infrastructure and strong logistic facilities.
- Investment opportunities in Ajman Free Zone (AFZ), with minimum doing-business process and cost.
- Excellent trade logistic services, labor market, and innovation capability.
- Rapid GDP growth.
- Business confidence in Dubai reached its 3rd highest level in 10 years.
- Best in the world telecom systems and uninterrupted power distribution systems.
- A hyper-connected pro-business hub, Dubai delivers efficiency, security and a forward-looking ecosystem for accelerated growth.
- Large government facilities.
- Independent port and airport, which facilitate the export of products and reduce transportation costs.
- Mountain ranges full of mining materials with a sophisticated and modern infrastructure.
- Excellent strategic location on the Gulf of Oman and the Indian Ocean.
Ras Al Khaimah
- High-tech industries as well as mining and commodities.
- Free industrial lands to citizens with the possibility of foreigner participation.
- Many natural resources such as cement, glass, ceramics.
- Deep-rooted industrial supply chain (industrial clusters)
- Highly competitive cost of operational activities
- Adaptive environmental protection legislation and ground-breaking projects such as Sharjah Sustainable City
Umm Al Quwain
- Modern infrastructure
- Low cost of living and labor
- Great location for import and export
- Open investment climate
- A stable economy
- Best Free Zone for Start-ups and SMEs’ at the 5th UAE - India Economic Forum in 2019