Make it in the Emirates
About Make in the Emirates
Make it in the Emirates the campaign is an open invitation to industrialists, investors, innovators and entrepreneurs to "Make it in the Emirates". Through engaging with the Ministry, you will be introduced to the exceptional value proposition and benefits of manufacturing in the UAE.
Creating a relevant, attractive and engaged business environment to meet local and international investor needs
Launching an engine for industrial growth and strengthening the national economy
Stimulating innovation and integrating advanced technologies into the UAE's industrial ecosystems.
Boosting the UAE's reputation as a global destination for leading future industries
Our Focus Sectors
The Ministry has the largest and most comprehensive plan for developing the UAE’s industrial sector and enhancing its contribution to the UAE economy. The ministry will focus on 11 vital industrial sectors. The ministry seeks to increase the efficiency and sustainability of production cycles and supply chains by driving research and development (R&D), establishing a comprehensive system of specifications and standards to create an integrated quality infrastructure, and implementing sustainable industrial policies.
Why invest in the Emirates?
The UAE is the economic capital of the MENA region. It offers an attractive value proposition, a region-leading ease of doing business ranking, and a range of competitive advantages for investors, foreign businesses, start-ups and talented innovators in the industrial sector. The advantages include the availability of energy resources, raw materials, best-in-class ICT infrastructure, ideal strategic location, logistical infrastructure, advanced technological capabilities and outstanding quality of life. The industrial sector in the UAE also has an exceptional support ecosystem that increases its attractiveness to global talent, experts and ambitious entrepreneurs.Learn more
Pure Health joins National In-Country Value Program and signs agreement with MoIAT
• Strategic collaboration, as healthcare sector considered a priority for MOIAT • Step to promote local manufacturing in line with UAE’s ‘Projects of the 50’ strategy • Agreement signed i...
‘UAE’s leadership supports the transformation of the industrial sector into a global manufacturing hub’, says Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology at Make it in the Emirates Forum
12 of the UAE’s leading companies have identified over 300 products across 11 sectors to be manufactured locally Products have total purchase value of AED 110bn which will ultimately contribute almost AED 6 b...
MoIAT, EDB, EDGE Group Sign Joint Agreement to Boost Manufacturing in Defense Sector
Agreement underscores defence group’s ongoing commitment to supporting the UAE’s industrial sector as an Industry 4.0 Champion
UAE Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology, and MBZUAI Launch Training Program on AI Industry Applications
• Professional training program on AI implementation in industry aims to help accelerate the adoption of 4IR solutions in the UAE industrial sector • Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology (MoIAT) collabo...
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology assembles UAE’s 17 industrial champions to boost tech adoption
Strata, Huawei, and PTC join Champions Network, Ministry unveils 25 technology pilots More than 200 public and private sector stakeholders attend Champions Network Assembly to collaborate on ways to accelerate adop...
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology launches “Make it in the Emirates Forum” in Abu Dhabi on June 21 and 22
• Forum to discuss industrial investment opportunities and features an exhibition of more than 24 pioneering companies • More than 1,300 investors to attend forum
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology Concludes Region’s First Sugar Reduction Program
• Region’s first sugar reduction program is part of the Nationals Development Pathway, which was launched in partnership with the UAE Food and Beverage Manufacturing Group in February to boost the local food m...
UAE, Egypt and Jordan Sign Industrial Partnership for Sustainable Economic Growth
Industrial partnership to focus on 5 key sectors: food agriculture and fertilizers; pharmaceutical; textiles; minerals; and petrochemicals. A US$10 billion investment fund has been allocated to accelerate the partnership...
MoIAT connects UAE’s industrial and advanced technology sector and investors with Singaporean counterparts in Sci-Tech virtual tour
• Sessions covered Republic of Singapore and the UAE's Fourth Industrial Revolution strategies and programs • Virtual tour facilitated B2B introductions and provided direct access to UAE experts and investors &...
Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology underlines UAE’s attraction as global industrial hub during visit to KIZAD
Minister highlights commitment to implementing strategy to support the growth of the UAE’s industrial sector
Dr. Sultan bin Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, has stressed that the remarks of H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, during the World Government Summit (WGS), embody the vision of the UAE’s leadership to advance the UAE’s national industrial sector.
- The remarks of His Highness Sheikh Mansour presented a comprehensive roadmap highlighting the importance of developing the industrial sector and its role in enhancing self-sufficiency and resilience, diversifying the e...
Emirates Scientists Council Discusses Ways to Advance Scientific Capabilities in line with Innovative Vision for a Conducive R&D Environment
During the Second Meeting of its Third Cycle, Chaired by Her Excellency Sarah Al Amiri
Steering Committee for Standardization and Metrology Evaluates Initiatives to Support Industry, Enhance UAE Products’ Competitiveness
• The Committee aligns with MoIAT’s vision for the UAE to achieve global industrial leadership, and bolster the quality of national industrial products • His Excellency Omar Al Suwaidi: We follow a coordi...
Sultan Al Jaber meets with the Moroccan Prime Minister and a number of ministers to discuss strengthening bilateral strategic relations and joint investment opportunities
UAE-Austria to Collaborate in Hydrogen Technology
• MoU Signed between Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology and Federal Ministry of Finance • The deal is pursuant to the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership signed in July 2021 between the two nations
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology Explores the Path to Sustainability in the Manufacturing Sector with Schneider Electric
• Joint in-person panel discussion held at Expo 2020 Dubai • Her Excellency Sarah Al Amiri and Jean-Pascal Tricoire discuss creating a globally competitive and sustainable industrial base that is at the forefro...
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology issues its first annual report for 2021
Outstanding accomplishments recorded by MoIAT throughout its various sectors, propel the UAE's journey towards the next 50 years • UAE industrial exports totaled approximately AED120 billion • UAE advances 5 pl...
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology Partners with UAE Food & Beverage Business Group, Launch Nationals Development Pathway
• This initiative is part of the Make it in the Emirates Lab to deliver best-in-class corporate training to SMEs in the industrial sector • The Nationals Development Pathway will enhance the UAE food manufactur...
UAE Joins International Center for Synchrotron-Light for Experimental Science and Applications in the Middle East (SESAME) as Member with Observer Status
• Synchrotron rays are used in a range of applications and industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, automobiles and cosmetics • They are also used in electronic imaging and medicine to treat malignant...
Tawazun Joins National In-Country Value Program to Enhance the Performance of the Defense and Security Industries Sector in the UAE
• Omar Al Suwaidi: The program is part of the "Projects of the 50" and initiates a new phase of national economic growth • Tareq Al Hosani: We have innovative tools to promote local content in various fields
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology and Siemens join forces to accelerate the digital transformation of the UAE industrial sector
• HE Sarah Al Amiri: By joining forces with Siemens, we are gearing up to elevate our local industrial capabilities and shape a future industrial landscape that is as sustainable as it is productive and profitable&n...
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology Adopts Smart Industry Readiness Index, Completes Digital Maturity Assessment for 70 Industrial Companies in UAE
● Sarah Al Amiri: The ministry has adopted the index after its recognition by the World Economic Forum as a global standard for unifying 4IR concepts ● Sarah Al Amiri: The Ministry has assessed the digital maturity of 70...
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology Joins Hands with Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation on Hydrogen Technology
MoU signed on the sidelines of ADIPEC · Sultan Al Jaber: The MoU aligns with the strategic vision of our leadership – to build new and reinforce existing international collaborations in support of sustainab...
UAE and Spain seek ways to increase collaboration in the life sciences sector
• UAE’s Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology hosts Spanish delegation for virtual tour of the country’s sci-tech ecosystem • UAE’s Sci-Tech Virtual Tour highlighted the great str...
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology hosts virtual tour to showcase UAE’s science and technology ecosystem to South Korean investors
The UAE’s Sci-Tech Virtual Tour highlighted the country’s increasing appeal as an investment destination The tour focused on medical technology and opportunities available to investors and researcher...
The Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology briefs 11 French startups on the UAE business environment and its efforts to support growth in the Advanced Technology
Mohamed Al Qassim: The Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology is committed to supporting the growth and prosperity of startups and entrepreneurship in the country and enabling the private sector to build internatio...
UAE Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology showcases the nation’s standards capabilities
• UAE celebrates World Standards Day with the participation of ISO, IEC and GSO • Omar Al Suwaidi: MoIAT supports innovation and the adoption of advanced technology in products and services
Sultan Al Jaber emphasizes the importance of GCC cooperation to enhance the performance of the region’s industrial sector
During the 48th Meeting of GCC Industrial Cooperation Committee in Bahrain
His Excellency Dr Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, UAE Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, opens the 85th IEC General Meeting in Dubai
• Sultan Al Jaber: “The ambitious goal of our national industrial strategy is for the UAE to become a regional and global hub for future industries.” • Dr Yinbiao Shu: “In order to fully secu...
Organized by the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology in cooperation with the Abu Dhabi Quality and Conformity Council and Dubai Municipality
Workshop raises awareness of metrology units and their impact on raising production efficiency and product competitiveness in the UAE’s food and beverage sector Omar Al-Suwaidi: 1,294 standards and 632 technical re...
Sarah Al Amiri: The R&D Governance Policy is a building block for strengthening the national ecosystem that contributes to the UAE’s economic development
Establishing a clear roadmap for the national R&D ecosystem to position the UAE as a global hub for science, technology and innovation
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology, Etihad Credit Insurance Sign MoU to Boost National Industrial Sector
Abu Dhabi, UAE: 27 July 2021 – The Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology (MoIAT) and Etihad Credit Insurance (ECI), the UAE federal export credit company, today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to ...
Mohammed bin Rashid Academy of Scientists offers innovative solutions to address future challenges and stimulate scientists, research in the UAE
H.E. Sarah Al Amiri chairs first meeting of second cycle of MBRAS, attended by scientists with outstanding achievements, unique scientific contributions
New standardization, metrology legislation to drive UAE's industrial sector, Boost national economy.: Sultan Al Jaber
Dr. Sultan bin Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, has stated that the standardization and metrology system is an integral part of the UAE’s industry and advanced technology strategy.
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology Delegation Visits Three Emirates to Present Operation 300 Bn
A delegation from the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology (MoIAT), led by His Excellency Omar Ahmed Suwaina Al Suwaidi, Undersecretary of MoIAT
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology Kicks-off Industrial Strategy with High-Level Meetings in Two Key Emirates
The Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology (MoIAT) has kick started Operation 300bn – its ambitious strategy to expand the UAE’s industrial sector – with a series of meetings with local government...
UAE’s Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology partners with World Economic Forum’s Platform for Shaping the Future of Advanced Manufacturing and Production to drive adoption of industry 4.0 technologies
MoIAT, alongside experts from the World Economic Forum, host virtual webinar to engage industrial players in next phase of sector’s high-tech advancement
WAM Q&A with HE Dr Sultan bin Ahmad Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, Chairman of Emirates Development Bank
How did MoIAT prepare the strategy, Operation 300bn?
Mohammed bin Rashid launches Operation 300bn to advance UAE industrial sector
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, launched the Industrial Strategy "Operation 300bn".
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology Explores Ways to Boost Defense Sector
Fifth ‘Future of Industry Dialogue’ hosted by His Excellency Dr Sultan bin Ahmed Al Jaber discusses future of UAE’s defense industries after IDEX, NAVDEX Her Excellency Sarah bint Yousef Al Ami...
Ministry of Industry & Advanced Technology, Food and Water Security Office Jointly Hold Second in a Series of “Future of Industry” Meetings with UAE’s F&B Sector
The Ministry of Industry & Advanced Technology (MoIAT) today held the second of its “Future of Industry Dialogue” virtual meetings, to explore how to deliver a resilient food & beverage (F&B) sect...
Ministry of Industry & Advanced Technology Launches ‘Future of Industry Dialogue’
His Excellency Dr Sultan Al Jaber holds first meeting with representatives of heavy industries
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology Launches ‘Future of Industry Dialogue
The Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology (MoIAT) hosted the third session of its Future of Industry Dialogue series. Convening relevant local and international entities and academia invested in advanced technolog...
Minister of State for Advanced Technology Explores UAE University’s Innovative Approach to Promoting R&D and 4IR Tech Among Students
• H.E. Sarah Al Amiri: Academic institutions are a leading partner in driving innovation and further developing the advanced technology sector • H.E. Dr Zaki Anwar Nusseibeh: The United Arab Emirates ...
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology Develops State-of-the-Art National System for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Set to be operational by the first quarter of 2021, the system will serve to guarantee high quality standards for PPEs supplied in UAE markets • The national initiative covers protective masks, sanitisers, gl...
Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology reinforces UAE commitment to coordination and consultation to support joint GCC economic actions
His Excellency Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, chaired the virtual meeting of the Industrial Cooperation Committee of the Gulf Cooperation Council today Thursday, 24 September.
UAE Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology lays out future direction of sustainable economic growth at Industrial Coordination Council
His Excellency Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, chaired today’s virtual meeting of the Industrial Coordination Council with the participation of Her Excellency Sarah bint You...
UAE’s Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology Addresses the 3rd Global Manufacturing and Industrialization Summit
His Excellency Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, today addressed the third global Global Manufacturing and Industrialisation Summit (GIMS), which convened virtually.
Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology, Emirates Development Bank partner to advance sustainable growth
The Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology (MoIAT) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Emirates Development Bank (EDB) to provide AED30 billion in financial support for up to 13,500 companies and ...
How can we help?
About the platform
Q)Is this the same as Made in the Emirates?
The brand identity will be the same. However, Made in the Emirates is a quality mark and will be announced and launched later. It will become a symbol of, and source of pride in, The UAE’s products and services. Make it in the Emirates is a collaborative call to action.
Q)How can I be a part of this movement?
- Engage with the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology.
- Tap into the financing solutions available from the Emirates Development Bank.
- Download the brand guidelines and join the movement to raise awareness.
- Make sure your collateral, videos and content use the “Make it in the Emirates” mark.
Q)Why invest in the UAE?
The UAE’s industrial ecosystem is conducive to growth as industrialists can easily access financial, advisory and technical support to establish and develop their businesses. The country is blessed with a diverse energy mix and competitive utility prices. Topping regional and global indices in logistics, transport and communications, its advanced infrastructure comprises of 10 civilian airports, 105 cargo companies, as well as 12 marine and commercial trading ports capable of handling more than 17 million tons and a cargo capacity of 80 million tons annually. The UAE also ranks highly in global indicators that measure economic performance and ease of doing business, in addition to enjoying a strong credit rating. The country’s legislative framework is considered the most advanced in the region and its strategic location makes it a global link. Five billion people live within an eight-hour flight from the UAE.