Accreditation of Conformity Assessment Bodies
- Login or Register to the Ministry services digital platform
- Apply to “Accreditation of conformity assessment bodies”
- Attach all required documents and forms specified in the application form.
- Approving the terms and conditions, and policies related to accreditation, and attaching a signed copy of the agreement between the UAE National Accreditation System (the Ministry) and the applicant.
- Application review by the designated employee to check application data and attachments
- Payment of fees.
- Attach a final copy of the agreement signed by the UAE National Accreditation System (the Ministry) and the applicant.
- Carrying out the document review process by the assessor.
- Close cases of non-conformity (if any).
- Planning the initial visit (if necessary).
- Carry out the initial visit(if necessary).
- Planning a field assessment for the first time.
- Carrying out the field assessment for the first time.
- Close cases of non-conformity (if any).
- Payment of fees and costs incurred.
- Issuance of the accreditation decision.
- Get a certificate and the field of accreditation (valid for 3 years).
- Obtaining the accreditation code along with the identification number issued by the Ministry for the accredited conformity assessment body.
- Announcing the field of accreditation on the Ministry's website.
- Implement Subsequent follow-up assessments according to the plan / annually.
- A valid trade license.
- A valid registration certificate issued by the Ministry (foreign conformity assessment bodies and medical laboratories are excluded)
- The quality management system and technical documentation related to the accreditation program specified in the application.
- Fill out forms related to the accreditation program and attach them to the application.
- Signing the agreement between the national accreditation system (Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology) and the applicant.
- Pay fees on time.
ENAS is committed to promote quality and customer centricity through providing an added value services in accordance to international standards and maintaining a high standard of its services delivered to its customers and stakeholders.
ENAS recognizes the right of its customer and interested parties to raise a complaint, in which considered a benefit to improve the system and to sustain the trust and confident in ENAS.
ENAS is committed to investigate and resolve any complaint received fairly, impartially and in a timely manner in accordance with those requirements defined in the international standard ISO/IEC 17011 “conformity assessment- General requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies” and ENAS procedure ACP 21.
Management of Complaints process
ENAS categorized complaints under the applicable complaint type, which are as follows:
Type A – Complaints about ENAS processes or actions or assessors.
Type B – Complaints concerning the activities of ENAS accredited CAB.
Type C – Misuse of Marks, Symbol, and misleading claims of accreditation.
Complaints can be also submitted through the system or by filling the complaint form (ACF 21-01) and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org which will be taken by us to initiate the process.
Furthermore, complaint can be submitted via a variety of channels such as: formal letter, email, phone call, one-on-one conversations during external meetings, or within a CAB’s response to an assessment report.
Once ENAS receives the complaint, an acknowledge of the receipt of the complaint will be issued within (2) working days, then ENAS will start the Investigation for addressing the complaint and reviewing all the evidences provided. In this stage, additional information or further clarification may require.
Actions related to a complaint shall be taken within (30) days of receipt of the complaint.
If the complainant prefers to talk to someone to seek further guidance before submitting the complaint, please contact ENAS via telephone on (600565554) or by email to (email@example.com).
Q) How can I accredit conformity assessment bodies and what are the requirements?
- Apply through the Ministry’s website
- Submit all required documents - Valid Trade License - Valid registration certificate from MoIAT (for entities operating in the UAE, except for medical laboratories). - Quality Manual and procedures, and Related Documents
- Payment of fees
- Evaluation and review of documents
- Initial evaluation (if necessary)
- Full evaluation
- Closing non-conforming cases (if any)
- Certificate and the accreditation scope are issued (valid for 3 years)
- Implemention of subsequent follow-up evaluations (annually) *You can refer to the guidelines for the detailed accreditation procedures EG 03