As part of our efforts to reach people of determination, we have designed the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology (MoIAT) portal with enhanced features to improve their experience.
The following are some of the features of our portal that aim to benefit people with different abilities:
- Website Structure
- Zoom Screen
- Text to Speech
- Change Text Size
- Alternative Text for Image
- Change Colors
MoIAT follows the recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to design the website layout, navigation, look and feel to ensure a pleasant visit to its portal for everyone.
Those with an impaired ability to read text and view images can use the ‘Zoom’ option in the browser to enlarge the page. Click on the ‘View’ menu, then click on ‘Zoom’ to adjust the page size according to your needs.
Text to Speech
Those with visual impairments or those who wish to avoid eye strain can listen to the content instead of reading it.
Change Text Size
If you experience difficulty reading the text on the website, you can increase or decrease the text size by clicking on the (A+) or (A-) icons in the top right corner of the webpage.
Alternatively, you can adjust the text size setting of your browser as follows:
- Internet Explorer: Click on the 'View' menu, then click on 'Text Size' and select the size you require.
- Firefox: Click on the 'View' menu, then select 'Increase' or 'Decrease' to change the text size. Alternatively, you can press 'Ctrl' and '+' on the numeric keypad to increase the text size, or 'Ctrl' and '-' (minus) to decrease the text size. Pressing 'Ctrl' and '0' returns you to the default size.
- Google Chrome: Click on the main menu, then click on 'Zoom' and adjust the text size. Alternatively, you can press 'Ctrl' and '+' on the numeric keypad to increase the text size, or 'Ctrl' and '-' (minus) to decrease the text size. Pressing 'Ctrl' and '0' returns you to the default size.
- Opera: Change the size of text and graphics using '+' and '-' (minus) on the numeric keypad. Each press will increase or decrease the size by 10 percent.
- Safari: Click on the View menu, then click on 'Make Text Bigger' or 'Make Text Smaller' to change the font size as you like. You can also use the keyboard shortcuts: Increase or decrease the text size with 'Apple' and '+' or 'Apple' and '-' (minus).
Alternative Text to Image
Images on the website are tagged with the appropriate descriptions. To read the description, hover the cursor over the image.
If you find it difficult to read a certain text in the given background color combinations, you can easily change colors in your web browser as follows:
- Internet Explorer: Click on the 'Tools' menu or press 'Alt' + 'T ' on the numeric keypad. Then click on ‘Internet Options’ or press 'O'. Then click on 'Accessibility' or press 'Alt' + 'E’. When the Accessibility options are displayed, check the 'Ignore colors specified on web page' checkbox with the mouse or by pressing 'Alt' + 'C'. Save your changes by clicking on the 'OK' button or by pressing 'Enter'. You will be taken back to the 'Internet Options’ window. The website will now be using the same color scheme as your computer.
- Firefox: Click on the 'Tools' menu or press 'Alt' + 'T' on the numeric keypad. Then click on ‘Options’ or press 'O' to display the 'Options' window. Click on the 'Fonts and Color’s button or press 'F' to display the 'Fonts and Colors' window. Then to set Firefox to use your Windows color scheme, tick the 'Use system colors' checkbox or 'Tab' to the checkbox and press the spacebar to select it.
Internet Explorer 10.0+, Firefox 48+, Safari 1.2+, Opera 39.0+, Google Chrome 43.0