Scope Expansion of Accreditation of Conformity Assessment Bodies
A procedure by which official recognition is granted to expand the scope of accreditation of a conformity assessment body, by adding new fields in the accreditation scope document of a previously accredited conformity assessment body.It is awarded in the following accreditation programs:
- Testing and calibration laboratories following the requirements of the international standard ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Inspection bodies according to the requirements of the international standard ISO/IEC 17020:2012.
- Entities granting certificates of conformity to products following the requirements of the international standardISO/IEC 17065:2012
- Medical laboratories following the requirements of the international standard ISO 15189:2012.
- Halal certification bodies according to the UAE standard UAE S 2055-2:2016.
- Login or Register to the digital platform for the Ministry's services
- Apply to “Scope Expansion of Accreditation of Conformity Assessment Bodies”
- Attach all required documents and forms specified in the application form.
- Approving the terms and conditions, and policies related to accreditation and attaching a signed copy of the agreement between the UAE National Accreditation System (the Ministry) and the applicant.
- Payment of fees.
- Planning a field assessment
- Carrying out the field assessment
- Close cases of non-conformity (if any).
- Payment of fees and costs incurred
- Issuing the decision to expand a certificate/field of Accreditation
- Get an updated accreditation domain
- Announcing the field of accreditation in the event of modification on the Ministry's website.
- A valid trade license.
- A valid registration certificate issued by the Ministry (foreign conformity assessment bodies and medical laboratories are excluded)
- Submit the accreditation application and the required documents at least two months before the date of submitting the on-site evaluation process.
- Pay fees on time.
Q) How can I expand the scope of conformity assessment bodies’ accreditation and what are the requirements?
- Submit an application through the Ministry’s website with the following documents: - Valid Trade License - Valid registration certificate from MoIAT (for entities operating in the UAE, except for medical laboratories). - Quality manual and procedures, and related documents
- Payment of fees
- Evaluation process
- Closing non-conforming cases (if any)
- Approval issued *You can refer to the guidelines for the detailed accreditation procedures EG 03